The CDC Guidance for Oral Health has updated practices for COVID-19. Click here for a link to the website. A summary of recent changes includes:
- The recommendation to wait 15 minutes after completion of clinical care and exit of each patient without suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to begin to clean and disinfect room surfaces has been removed to align with CDC Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings.
- The time period recommended for patients to inform the dental clinic if they develop symptoms or are diagnosed with COVID-19 following a dental appointment has been changed to 2 days to align with CDC’s Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Work Restrictions for Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure to COVID-19.
Americares also provided us with three printable infographics in English and Spanish!
- Navigating the Infodemic is a one-page guide to assist people in identifying misinformation regarding the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Vaccine Conversation Guide is a multi-page guide tailored to free clinic vaccine champions to learn more on how to navigate conversations with those who have not yet been vaccinated and provide examples of some common conversations.
- The Talking Points Cheat Sheet condenses the information of the Vaccine Conversation guide into a two-page cheat sheet that includes a conversation flow chart, common vaccine concerns and FAQS. This serves as a great reference document for vaccine champions to have on hand for discussions.
Guidance for Parents of children 5-11
SEARCH YOUR COUNTY FOR UP TO DATE COVID-19 INFORMATION
CLICK THE + BELOW TO EXPAND